Thursday, December 9, 2010

Twins


I have a Twin Sister. An identical Twin Sister, though we are not that identical. But technically, yes..we are of one egg that split. She is my elder, by 10 minutes. In many ways, she is my mentor. She is a mother of two and a devoted wife for 9 years this year. I have just been married a year and a half and though I would like to have babies, I dont know when that will be. My husband and I are enjoying our freedom. We have just moved out of state and are living on the east coast. Though i miss my twin dearly, it has been a wonderful to see another part of our country. So you see, we are very different in our lifestyles and lives. Our appearances are even quite different. We were blonde babies, ying and yang. With age it has darkened to a mousy brown that I choose to darken where she chooses to lighten. Hair color aside, our facial features are similiar, yet they are very different too. I think I resemble my Father's side and she our mothers. Also she had braces at adolescence and I did not. Our Mother was a single mother and Sam needed them more. So our smile and shape of mouth are completely different. I would be lying if I said it didnt bother me a bit, now in adulthood. I would love to have that perfect beautiful smile. It's an egostical thing, I know. But when you have a twin, people expect you to look like each other. And we do not. It, in fact, saddens me when standing side by side, we are asked, "your not identical, are you?". We are. Im just the curvier snaggly tooth one. Im sure I will write more and more about being a twin and the way it plays upon my mind and actions. This particular writing is just a little background. I love her with all my heart. She is my heart. She is my other half. She is my bestfriend. She is my inspiration. Love u sam.

1 comment:

  1. As your twin, your other half, your bestfriend and partner into this life, I have to say, I whole heartedly agree with the same sentiments of affection and admiration for who you have become and what you mean to me. However, I would have a slightly different perception of our smile and how our differences came about. But this is your blog, and I will not defile it with my personal insights on the matter. However, I would like to point out that It was very hard growing up together, no less. Especially, when you had many, many gifts of beauty that I was not god given! And to be proper, I will not outwordly pronounce them for the world to see. (Silver Dollars!;p)oops, ok, maybe a sliver! LOL! Love you with all my being and soul!!!!!

    ReplyDelete