Tuesday, January 25, 2011

burn

Imagine Peggy Lee's Fever swingy motion with this song--heavy bass line thump or Jeffrey put a kinda bluesy western swing

I don't know what to say to ya baby
my words don't come out right
There's something between us
that you
cant deny
We've spoken a thousand conversations
with only our eyes
Things are too complicated to
work out right

But Im blown by your beauty
Your eyes they burn through me
A fire
A fire
You make me alive
Desire
Inspire
me tonight

I want to get to know you baby
I want to be your friend
I wanna know how to get you to
show me that grin.
Things can get f'cked up too soon
when you move to fast
Gotta learn to pace myself
make something that lasts

But Im

Blown by your beauty
Your eyes they burn through me
A fire
A fire
you make me alive
Desire
Inspire
me tonight

As I'm developing in my song writing skills, Ive tried to get away from such personal story telling and going into situational character writing. Some of this song I wrote it seems 5-6 or more years ago and the rest I developed wanting to portray the intense speaking of words two strangers or acquaintances can have with just their eyes if there is a connection. It still needs a little more verse but this is what I have so far. When I wrote it it had more of a 50's swing vibe to it but Jeff composed this great hard almost westernly riff that I adapted the tempo really well to. We recorded it a couple time last year but we haven't gotten back into our little home studio since moving to Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment